Friday, October 19, 2012

Trip to Denver Colorado

Alyson B Stanfield & Dianna





















I took a five day trip to Denver Colorado last week to reconnect with old friends and explore the Art Community in the City.  On my first day, I was fortunate enough to spend time gallery hopping with Alyson B. Stanfield - an Artist Advocate / Consultant and my Art Coach.  (for more info on Alyson visit her site   http://www.artbizcoach.com ) What great company and perfect day for looking at art!

I just have to share briefly about two Gallery's we visited that had amazing work -- Walker Fine Art Gallery and Ice Cube Gallery.

At the Walker Gallery there were two Artists that stood out for me - Painter Udo Noger and Sculptor Kazu Obo.  They both work in different mediums -  pigment on paper and ceramic & wood sculpture.  I found that their work was complimentary to one another by the use of monochromatic colors and organic shapes found in both paintings a sculptures.  Beautiful art!


Udo Noger - pigment on paper.
There were 15-20 paintings from this artist.
All of them were painted with shades of White
Pigment and Charcoal.  http://www.walkerfineart.com 













Kazu Obo  - Wood

The second gallery we went to was Ice Cube.   The featured artist was Photographer Amber Fries.  Her work captures a space trapped in between worlds - distorted figures floating in water.  Pretty cool stuff!


Amber Fries - photograph
http://icecubegallery.com

Just wanted to share these photos on my blog before I start painting today.  Thanks so much for looking!

No comments: