Dragonfly's - Mist of Illusions



















Mist Of Illusions
24x36 Oil on Clay Board
Please email me to purchase

I was given an opportunity to showcase my work in a local Gallery on the Southside of Bethlehem - Fox Optical & Gallery on 3rd Street.   It is currently on display from now until October 27th.  The painting above is one of my favorites and the last one I painted from this body of work; Winds of Change   My intention was to explore the dragonfly's nature and it's mystical meanings through a series of paintings and drawings.

Their petite bodies are designed with special facets that reflect and refract beautiful colors of the sun - the bright colors take time to develop, expressing the idea that with maturity our own true colors come forth. In Japanese culture they represent joy and new light.  The Native Americans believe the Dragonfly Totem guides one through the Mist Of Illusions to the pathway of transformation....

Stay tuned to view more paintings from this body of work.....

Thanks for  looking!

Comments

Popular Posts