Monday, October 1, 2012

Key Bridge in Georgetown - Washington DC

















Key Bridge
Oil on Canvas
40" x 60"

I was hired to paint the Key Bridge located in Georgetown, DC for a specific location above a Fireplace Mantle.  It took me several months to complete this piece due to the complexity of the architectural structures and the detail throughout the painting. My client mailed me a box of swatches from furniture fabrics, floor color and texture to paint samples of  the wall color where the painting would hang.  Along with specific photos to reference and suggestions on the palette - colors to avoid and colors to include.   Even though it took me quite sometime to finish this piece the overall process was one of the easiest commissions I've had for this scale.  It's such a beautiful bridge that I would like to paint it again in the near future -- I envision a large scale canvas depicting an early morning mist enveloping the bridge with minimal detail and soft shades of blues, pinks and yellows.......

To be continued....

Thanks for looking.....

1 comment:

rajput008 said...

your work is really great. you use lots of color in your Oil Painting. it gives soothing sense.