Dragonfly - Pen and Ink - Reflections





REFLECTIONS  
11x14 - Sepia 
Pen and Ink Drawing/Wash  
Watercolor Paper

I was invited to exhibit my new work of Dragonfly's at a local Gallery on the Southside of Bethlehem, Fox Optical and Gallery.  It is currently on display now through October.  As I was preparing for the show I was compelled to step outside of my comfort zone as a landscape painter and create a body of work that was original and symbolic.  I chose the Dragonfly.  For those of you who have been following me, you're aware that I've been painting the Dragonfly for the past several years.  It's a subject that I'm drawn to - mostly for their symbolic meanings but also for their brilliant colors and reflections of light that bounce off their little body's. 

REFLECTIONS, was one of the first pen and ink drawings I created for this grouping.  For me, the Dragonfly standing in the water symbolizes the two realms they inhabit - air and water. The reflection of the Dragonfly represents illusions and change; that things are not what they seem....

Please stay tuned for more paintings from this body of work and much, much more.  I will be posting on a weekly basis from this moment on....








Comments

Popular Posts