Thursday, September 1, 2011

Whew, what a month!















August was quite a busy month for me that challenged me physically and emotionally.  Nature decided to stop in and say Hi several times -- unfortunately pulling me out of my studio but giving me a lesson and a new perspective!  What more can an artist ask for!

It started off fairly productive until one of my dogs became extremely sick.  I have two Chinese Shar Pei's - Chloe and Edge.  They truly bring BIG fun and JOY into my life!

Anyway, little Chloe ended up getting very sick for three weeks with Shar Pei Fever (FSF). For those of you unfamiliar with the disease, it's a build up of amyloids/protein deposits that attack vital organs causing episodic high fevers and severe abdominal pain. In Chloe's case it's her liver.  We had many sleepless nights caring for her - administering IV fluids every 3 hours and hand feeding her 'mush' when she would eat -  in fact there were times when I wasn't sure she was going to make it through the day.  Good news is....with lot's money spent at the Vets and a whole lotta love she's feeling better and now has a daily cocktail to get her back to health!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed we have several more years with her!!

That being said, I must not forget to mention the Earthquake we encountered last week!  Luckily we didn't get the worst of it - however my basement floor is no longer a flat floor - It buckled in many areas leaving uneven planes to walk over!  I now have to watch my step - I stubbed my toe twice already!!!  Oh, and then there was Hurricane Irene! Yikes!  That was another sleepless night in my house!  My partner had to work that night from 4p-1a leaving me to battle my fear of Tornadoes alone!  As you may know, the rain was heavy for a good 15 hours - at times it was vertical and many times it was horizontal depending on the wind gusts!  Fortunately, we (me and my dogs) made it through Irene with electricity and zero water damage - we just had lot's of debris in the yard to pick up the next day.  Whew....

In closing, even though August left me with empty pockets, it made me battle some of my fears and has left me with a message that can resonate in all of life's challenges ..............."it is what it is".








1 comment:

Sunshineshelle said...

So pleased you made it through & you & extended family (aka pets) are well & healthy :)