Monday, June 14, 2010

Save Me! The Everglades
















Sold
Size is 16x20 oil on canvas.

This painting is of the Everglades in Florida.  Unfortunately, my inspiration comes from the Oil Spill that continues to flow into the Gulf of Mexico.   It's so incredibly sad to watch this catastrophic disaster unfold -- to see the marine and wildlife slowly being poisoned or the beautiful white beaches being blanketed by layers of oil and yet, not fully knowing how this will impact our environment in years to come.    I can't express in words how upset I am at BP for drilling haphazardly and for their lack of concern for our environment!  It's shocking to say the least!

Anyway, I'd rather not rant about the disaster -- but to celebrate the beauty of the Salt Marshes that keep our ecosystem thriving.  I'm compelled to do something besides complain and perhaps through painting, I will be given the privilege to donate a portion of my sales to the clean up efforts of this  Disaster!

As always, thanks so much for your support and your interest!

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

Great perspective, Dianna. Some scientist needs to find a bacteria that's harmless to humans and sea life but eats petroleum to clean this mess up. Sounds like a sci-fi book in the making!