Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Arizona





I'm back from my mini visit with my Mom! It such a whirlwind of a trip that I had zero time to post!



We accomplished a lot together in 5 days -- the biggest project was cleaning out my Dad's shop! He collected so many tools over the last 50 years -- he had something for every trade! I felt like I was cleaning up a Home Depot!
We also went to Sedona looking to sell left over silver that my Dad acquired from his Silverworks Shop he had back in the 70's. He was a silversmith and distributer for jewelers. His work was beautiful! Naturally, I packed up some of his old tools and plan to take a class or two in jewelry making this fall.

In addition, my Mom took me on a tour of the "new" catholic church thats being built for the community. A 7 million $ project that my mother has been a part of from ground zero! It's absolutely stunning! Reminds me of a church back East -- it's massive inside with beautiful stain glass windows that came from an old Parish in Philadelphia. She is extemely proud.

Anyway, I'm so thankful for the time I had to visit and it's nice to see that she's doing well.

On that note, it's time to get back to work in my studio. Thanks for listening!

No comments: