Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Dad


For those of you who have been following my painting a day blog you may have noticed that I've been absent for awhile. Unfortunately, my father recently had a massive stroke and passed away one week later. I've been in Arizona for the past month to be with him at his bedside and with the rest of my family. It was quite sudden and a complete shock for everyone -- it still doesn't seem real -- however, I get comfort knowing that he is in a better place now.

He was a good man and we had a great friendship. He always critiqued my artwork - even when I didn't ask for it - and he was my BIGGEST FAN! I will miss him tremendously!

In Loving Memory
Jim Poindexter
March 8 2009


1 comment:

Marijo said...

Oh Di, what a sweet blog.I know he is looking down at you with a big smile on his face. All the great memories you have in your heart will help you through all the rough times..Thanks for sharing,
Your in my thoughts
Marijo