Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Flight




















Sold
This is my first week back home in my studio and it's very healing! I'm picking up where I left off - with the dragonfly. Oddly enough, I started painting this subject several weeks before my fathers passing and, depending on the culture, the symbolism behind the dragonfly reflects change and light. While the dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live it's life to the fullest with the short time it has -- which is a lesson for all of us!

This painting is 6x6 oil on canvas.

3 comments:

Michaela said...

Your biggest fan will always be with you, Di.
Peace and love,
Michaela

Kim Simpson said...

Hello,
Just stumbled upon your blog and had to comment: Fabulous Painting! If I had the extra cash right now, I would purchase outright. That said, I have bookmarked your site. Keep up the beautiful work!
Best Wishes
Kim Simpson
IResolveTo.Com

Brazeau's Best said...

Love the dragonfly and the picture of your dad. I just lost my dad on December 12th and spent a month in Florida helping my siblings with the things that needed to be done.... I would like to follow you if it is all right. Your work is exellent. Deborah